Friday, September 26, 2008

ETC 558...continued

Finished my paper!

I hadn't written one in a little while. I had writers block getting started. Had thoughts and general outline notes rolling around in my head but when I got in front of the computer I went blank.

It helped to review my references. When I organized the references in the order of my outline things began to make more sense and the words began to flow. Finding objective reviews of the software application I was writing about was a bit difficult, however.

Finding a place online to post my paper was daunting. I used every search term I could think of in my quest. When my terms were general I got eighty-bajillion non-relevant responses and when I tried to be more specific I got no responses at all.

I did finally find a couple of sites accepting articles, although they have to be reviewed before they are actually posted. Hopefully I'll get a response back in a day or so.

Anyway, I'm not feeling so overwhelmed as I was earlier in the year. Everything was beginning at the same time: Teaching, second job, this class. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, although I'm not certain what will be expected for my capstone. I have some ideas but my advisor has changed a couple of times already.

More to come!

No comments: